- 1 feb 2018
- Beste antwoorden
Introducing our latest release for UniFi wireless, routing & switching hardware. This is the latest for UniFi 5.8, which is our current stable release branch.
How to play safe?
Make sure you always do a backup before any updates, especially if you plan to upgrade your existing installation.
- For people who are migrating from v3, there're many changes to APIs and it's not backward compatible. You may need to update the shell library (
- Windows users must have x64 Java installed to use the unifi.ubnt.com cloud tie in, as we only support 64 bit webRTC library. Please see
- For hotspot management console, make sure you have bookmark the URL with site ID (i.e. x66cipn3, or whatever random string is generated for that site). For example:
- For Debian/Ubuntu users, please update your APT source (see
- unifi-beta/unifi-rapid are obsoleted. The old repo has been removed.
- The following affects APT versions 1.5 onward (Ubuntu 17.10 and Debian Sid or newer). A recent version of the
- You cannot re-use a VLAN ID for dynamic VLAN if it is set as a static value for another SSID on the same AP. So, if I have a SSID set to use VLAN 10, I cannot use VLAN ID 10 for RADIUS controlled VLAN users as those users will not get an IP.
- Cloud Access feature in this release is not supported on Linux/ARMv6 architecture (for exmaple, Raspberry Pi 1). If you have problem starting controller on this platform, please remove the native library:
- Smart Queue QoS is similar to the implementation as in EdgeOS (see
- DFS channels can not be used for wireless uplink in the US. Please use non-DFS channels if you need to use wireless uplink on dual band UAPs.
- Official UniFi MIBs can be downloaded from
- A full changelog has been attached, showing changes back to the first public release (1.2.1).
- As of 5.7.x+ we only support Java 8. At this time Java 9 is not supported.
- Features like airtime fairness, bandsteering, load balancing and minimum RSSI are default disabled. If you need them you need to go to Settings>Site and check Enable advanced features.
- If you previously used Google Maps for a site map, then you have to enable this feature again by adding an API key. This is done under Settings>Controller. There is a linked guide with instructions.
- Linux systems must be running a version of MongoDB prior to 3.6.x. We recommend 3.4.x. This is most likely to be an issue on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, as it currently offers MongoDB 3.6.x.
- The initial database migration will take longer than normal. It is expected to see mongo using most, if not all, of the available CPU cycles during this process. Please be patient, this process could easily take 15+ minutes, depending on the amount of historical stats, as well as the system specs. As always, err on the side of caution, and make a backup before upgrading.
- The controller will not start if it is set to bind to a privileged port (<1024), as it now runs as a non-root user.
- If your controller is running on a UniFi Cloud Key (UCK), make sure it is on firmware 0.6.4 or later, otherwise the controller will not start. This firmware is available via the normal upgrade mechanism found in the controller or it's local management page. Make sure to make a backup before upgrading the UCK firmware, as you'll need it to restore after, and it's good to have a backup on hand before any controller upgrade.
- Support for PicoM2 and 1st gen AC models was dropped in 5.7.x. Please see our announcement
- As of release branch 5.7.x we've made some important changes to the Wireless Uplink feature (feature details
- We removed the "Enable automatic uplink failover" from wireless uplinks as it is no longer needed.
- We added the ability to opt an AP in or out of wireless uplinking to another AP. This is done by checking the "Allow meshing to another access point" option found under device properties>Config>Wireless Uplink.
- This option should be disabled on wired APs, but is required to be enabled on wireless APs.
- If you disable this option on a downlink/wireless AP, then your AP will be disconnected from the network and require further action (including physical access).
- If upgrading from 5.6>5.7 then this already be disabled on wired APs, but if upgrading from an earlier 5.7. release then this may be enabled on wired APs.
- Again, this option should be enabled on downlink/wireless UAPs only. It should not be enabled on wired UAPs.
- We added the ability to set uplink priorties. This allows you to define the preferred uplinks for a downlink/wireless AP.
- We’ve found that some migrations from 5.6 to 5.7 have resulted in Fast Roaming being enabled, which is not our recommendation. If you see this, feel free to disable Fast Roaming on all Wireless Networks.
- Fixed IPs (DHCP reservations) are now required to use unique IPs. The same IP cannot be assigned to more than one device. For configurations that already contain duplicates, only the most recently active device will have its fixed IP provisioned to USG. The controller's server.log will contain a log message skip provisioning duplicate fixed IP <IP address> for user[<MAC address>] indicating which was omitted where there are conflicts.
- Custom port profiles on AC-IW/IW-Pro are not supported until the 5.9.x release branch.
- airTime will not work if a radio is disabled and/or there isn't any SSID present. This will be fixed in a future release. If you enable it, and it still isn't working, then you may need to force a refresh without cache.
- If you start both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz scan in quick succession, then it will fail.
- It is expected that airView will stop occasionally. A stop/start sequence should restore functionality.
- If you start an airTime scan while airView is running, then airView will stop and you'll need to perform a stop/start sequence to get it working again. This will be fixed in the future.
- Port mapping for USG (UGW3) is incorrect under performance statistics. This will be fixed in a future release.
Controller bugfixes/changes since 5.8.23:
- Fix the management VLAN issue with AC-IW/IW-Pro.
- UAP-AC-Lite/LR/Pro/EDU/M/M-PRO/IW/IW-Pro |
- UAP-HD/SHD/XG/BaseStationXG |
- UAP-nanoHD |
- UAP, UAP-LR, UAP-OD, UAP-OD5 |
- UAP-v2, UAP-LR-v2 |
- UAP-IW |
- UAP-Pro |
- UAP-OD+ |
- USW |
- US-L2-POE |
- US-16-XG |
- USG |
- USG Pro |
- USG-XG-8 |
*This release follows our usual release structure which means it will initially be available via this blog post only. It will be posted to the download site and official repos in the near future. If you aren't familiar with our release structure, please take a moment to read our post