Release stage: Release Candidate
- Update OUI table.
- Fix authentication failure tracking.
- Fix invalid switch satisfaction scores.
(Recommended) - Create an up-to-date backup before upgrading your controller in the event any issues are encountered.
- Existing UniFi controllers must be on one of the following versions in order to upgrade directly to this version:
5.10.27 and earlier 5.10.x versions.
5.9.33 and earlier 5.9.x versions.
5.8.30 and earlier 5.8.x versions.
5.7.28 and earlier 5.7.x versions.
5.6.42 and earlier 5.6.x versions.
Most earlier versions are also supported for direct upgrade, going back to 3.1.0.
- Java 8 must be installed on the system hosting the controller software. Java 9 and later are not yet supported.
- As of UniFi 5.9, if using Cloud access, the UniFi Network controller device requires outbound 8883/tcp to be open/unrestricted. Find up-to-date port requirements here.
- Minimum supported device firmware for UAP/USW is 4.0.9, and for USG it's 4.4.34.
- SSH Authentication settings are now hidden behind the Advanced Features option.
- If you have any 'service dns forwarding options' configuration defined in config.gateway.json, it will overwrite the provisioning of statically defined name servers, leaving you with no DNS. Either remove the 'service dns forwarding options' portion of config.gateway.json, or add additional 'options' lines defining name servers, such as 'server=220.127.116.11', 'server=18.104.22.168', etc.
- PoE passthrough control was implemented for UAP-IW-HD which means that the default for PoE passthrough is now disabled instead of enabled. If you were using this feature before then you will need to re-enable it via the device property panel.
- Users running 64-bit Windows should only have 64-bit Java installed. If you have 32-bit Java installed then we recommend uninstalling it.
- For Debian/Ubuntu users installing via our repo, please update your APT source (see HERE).
- Currently we only support MongoDB 3.4. We're working on updating support before end of life this fall. We have instructions for Ubuntu users in our HC article HERE (see section 2.2).
UniFi Controller for Windows
UniFi Controller for macOS
UniFi Controller for Debian/Ubuntu and UniFi Cloud Key
unifi_sh_api (shell library)