- (Recommended) - Create an up-to-date backup before upgrading your controller in the event any issues are encountered.
- Existing UniFi controllers must be on one of the following versions in order to upgrade directly to this version:
- 5.6.41 and earlier 5.6.x versions.
- Most earlier versions are also supported for direct upgrade, going back to 3.1.0.
- Java 8 must be installed on the system hosting the controller software. Java 9 and later are not yet supported.
- Minimum supported device firmware for most UAP/USW is 4.0.9, and for USG it's 4.4.34. The only supported firmware for UAP-AC, UAP-ACv2 and UAP-AC-Outdoor is 3.8.17.
- Microsoft Windows specific:
Users running 64-bit Windows should only have 64-bit Java installed. If you have 32-bit Java installed then we recommend uninstalling it.
- Debian/Ubuntu specific:
- Security improvements.*
- *Advisories (and CVEs) will be made available in our Security Updates blog in the near future.
- UniFi Controller for Windows
- UniFi Controller for macOS
- UniFi Controller for Debian/Ubuntu and UniFi Cloud Key
- unifi_sh_api (shell library)
*This release follows our usual release structure which means it will initially be available via this blog post only. It will be posted to the download site and official repos in the near future. If you aren't familiar with our release structure, please take a moment to read our post HERE. Thanks!